Monday, July 28, 2008

Back to the Basics

It has been a few weeks now since I started reviewing my Java basics. There are so many trivial matters about programming that I seem not to pay attention to just because they are, as I said, trivial. One example would be optimization. Due to busyness and all the rush, I seldom check my code if it runs the optimized way. If it works, then it works. But an excellent programmer should not treat his code as so. A programmer's code is his essence. Show me your code and I'll tell you what kind of programmer you are. I am just so thankful to God that He made me see this weakness of mine at this early stage of my software development career. Optimization is just one of those programming weaknesses of mine. There are still lots of them and I am hoping to realize them as I go back to my Java basics and then see what action plans I could come up with to improve on those areas. :]

No comments: